Tuesday 24 February 2015

Greening up Nicely



Whilst the new park on our side of the walls awaits planting that on the other side planted a couple of years ago is greening up nicely. There's work been done there too, yet another football pitch but with new parking spaces.





The basketball court is being used by some teenagers, basketball being one of the sports taught in High School.



 I am just thinking it's a shame all this seems aimed at young men and women are missing out (although the local women's football team is much more successful than the men's) when we come across a group of girl's playing the same skipping games we (well not really "we", I never  could skip, I was thrown out of Brownies for not being able to skip backwards when I couldn't even skip forwards, so, more, my contemporaries) played at school. Still if I had designed it, rather than quite so many football pitches, I may have had a couple of tennis courts and some of those concrete table tennis tables they have in french campsites. Also you could have one of those torture routes they have in some parks were you jog a bit and get to a bar and do chin ups and then jog a bit more and do step ups etc Obviously this something I would never have done at any time in my life but if you are into it a circuit of the town walls would be an awesome setting for circuit training. Just the 5km jog is probably enough for most people and that's really doable now on a flat paved surface. I won't be joining in. 
The planting round the sculpture park is doing really well and their hibiscus hedges are much better than ours and in flower. They are denser and do not have the holes that ours has because they were much more ruthless with the pruning in the first two or three years. Still, it's too late for us to go back and be ruthless. 




I wonder what the snowbirds make of it all. They are out in force by the prefecture.



No comments:

Post a Comment