Sunday 2 December 2012

The Juggler Arrives



Beloved's Big Bruv has come for a visit. I used to tell people he was a clown and they always assumed I was being perjorative when I was merely describing his profession as a magician, juggler, fire-eater, unicyclist, stiltwalker and puppeteer, so I'll just call him the Juggler. Certainly when Sweetheart was growing up she couldn't have had a more interesting uncle.
He had had to leave home in the wee small hours and so had not gone to bed at all so I had expected him to "crash on landing" but in fact he kept going like a young person a third his age and demanded to be taken round the souks. We took him to the Palais Salaam in the evening to see the lights and had a look at the new rill fountain lit up although unfortunately the magic fountain wasn't playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment