Sunday 26 May 2013

The Cazanove



My teeth were finally finished just in time to come back to Blighty. I can bite again. "Not apples," she said "but bread, yes". We came home via Marrakesh so we went to my favourite restaurant to try them out.
The Cazanove is a wonderful Italian restaurant in  Gueliz . It has a large indoors with good a/c or heating as the seasons require but a pleasant little garden for lunches in the sun beneath whispering bamboo and palms. We have been going there for six years whenever we pass through Marrakesh. I tried my teeth out on the scalllopine limone which is so good I have it practically every visit. We had been avoiding pizza restaurants whilst I was toothless just going to places where I could have soup, filletted fish and rice, and so Beloved jumped at the chance of a good pizza. All very pleasant but the real peak of the chef's achievement is the "torte chioccolata con salsa fondante". It comes with honey ice-cream. The torte does not look much when it arrives, a dry sponge sprinkled with icing sugar, but when you cut in this wonderful hot chocolate sauce flows out. Heaven! It was Sweetheart who originally discovered it; I had always been virtuous and just had the fresh pineapple but now it leaps from the menu as TEMPTATION! of course I did not resist .



2 comments:

  1. Chanced upon your page through a series of searches, starting from NY Times. I can't wait to be in Taroudant next year! Also, that looks like chocolate lava cake, but better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better I think. When do you hope to be in Taroudant?

      Delete