Monday 31 October 2011

Old Friends depart in Red Biker Jacket

Our old friends left for Spain. We drove them to Marrakesh yesterday and took the Tizi n'Test. They live in the campo of the Sierra Nevada but I think the Atlas impressed them. There was a smattering of snow on Mount Toukbal making it romantic but the weather was really good with no mist and wonderful views and a nice 28 degrees.
We stopped at the Belle Vue for a coffee and to use the loos and the owner there was telling us about the people who paraglide down the valley. He said he had done it once 4 years ago with someone in tandem and had flown for an hour and a half but that he had been sick for a week after. I'd be sick for a week before and never take off.
The Artist had prevailed upon her spouse to make some purchases. The main one seemed to have been planned from when they visited us in Wales and I showed her the leather jacket I'd had tailor made. The Artist is a small woman and most clothes she buys off the peg are too wide in the shoulder and long in the sleave. Her eyes misted over and she murmured "I could have a red biker jacket". Apparently she has coveted one all her life.
We duly took her off to Beni Cuir near the English Pub in Agadir, there being no-one making Western women's leather jackets in Taroudant and one was duly bespoken. It seems to be a success and is making me feel I should succumb to my suppressed Hippy yearnings so Beloved had better watchout. She also bought red sandals and a coral necklace so they were well and truly shopped out by the time they reached Marrakesh. I wonder if they succumbed?


A red biker jacket made to fit perfectly




No comments:

Post a Comment