Sunday 10 November 2013

Sew So .



I had been experimenting with a long stitch design to use up my leftover threads. The advantage of longstitch is it makes up very quickly. The motive which I got from a book was used in that for a chair seat. It seemed to have a very front and back feel to it which is OK for a chair seat but I will make this into a pouffe or a cushion so I wanted it to have more fourfold symetry which I tried to give a feel of by use of colour. The main constraint was that I had limited amounts of any given colour. This pattern uses 37 different colours of thread whereas a normal pattern would have 12 - 16.  It also managed to incorporate the pastels which I loved but had very limited amounts of, in some cases only 1 thread's worth. I think the design is limited and suffers from the constraints but was interesting for me because it was something I had to think my way through as I went along and usually if I make something I have to have a blueprint in my head before I start.
I haven't decided what to do with it yet. I will probably make it into a pouffe but I'm not sure for where. Madre wants a pouffe but I'm not sure whether she wants this. I could have it either here or in Wales but I'm not sure how it would fit in either and it has white and I'm not good at taking my outdoor shoes off. If Madre had it it would need light leather but if I had it here or at home it would need to be dark brown so we need to make some minds up.



No comments:

Post a Comment